What is the Inclusive Excellence Academy?
Cornell University's Inclusive Excellence Academy offers programs designed to advance an inclusive educational environment and workplace. The IEA features customized seminars designed for participants at all stages of their understanding of diversity, inclusion, and belonging. Specific seminars, prioritized based on the university's needs, are offered each semester. Our programs incorporate personal narratives from experienced speakers that encourages participants to engage in dialogue, self-reflection, and the development of action-oriented skills that foster a culture of belonging.
IEA Learning Goals
- Participants will develop an understanding of the business case for diversity, inclusion, and belonging.
- Participants will develop a deeper understanding of the lived experiences of identity groups outside of their own.
- Participants will learn more about their own identities in relation to others.
- Participants will learn concrete action steps they can implement in their department and/or unit to create a culture of inclusion and belonging.
"Break & Learn" Sessions
The IE Academy Break and Learn (B&L) sessions aim to elevate the voices and lived experiences of employees while also providing colleagues and people leaders tangible information and ideas they can apply to their everyday work life.
Previous Break & Learn Sessions
- A Deeper Understanding of the Indigenous Experience (Recorded on November 29, 2022)
- Honoring Black History Through Collaboration and Celebration (Recorded on February 23, 2023)
- A Discussion Across Diverse Asian/Asian American Experiences (Recorded on May 4, 2023)
- Exploring Ableism (Recorded on June 15, 2023)